Sometimes I think I am psychotic
and possibly I am.
The ground is breathing,
skies are shimmering
with love for the sun.
There is nothing that is plain,
that is alive.
The sea is being swooned
by it's lover: the moon;
Tumbling over it self
and dancing with the ships,
though the sailors don't appreciate.
I wonder if they see what I see.
They never mention
how the colors of the leaves
make them feel
in this new autumn.
They don't excite when it rains;
dripping droplets down glass
as I always do.
I'm tired and I want to lay on grass
without dew soaking through my clothes.
The smell of dying leaves
make me feel alive;
as real as the second I first saw his eyes;
My first love, and my second,
the Earth during autumn.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Equinox by B.B. Loring )
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)