Baahh Humbug! ! !
Christmas comes but once a year,
And that's too much for me I fear.
The shops are filled with crap once more,
Selling their wares like a street wise whore.
Parents tell tales of Rudolph and Santa Clause,
Eyes may light up but it's all lies of course.
Send christmas cards put up the tree and the lights,
Even though there's a recession and we're in the shite.
Aftershave I don't want and socks I don't need,
I put on a fake smile and say thankyou indeed.
We've forgotten what christmas is supposed to be,
A precious time to be spent with your family.
So this christmas for me will be just as the last,
I'm not going to do it, my vote has been cast.
You can sweep your christmas under the rug,
And I shall say to you all.. BAAHH HUMBUG! ! !
Spread the love... The peace will follow...
Cosmic Dreamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baahh Humbug! ! ! by Cosmic Dreamer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Rita Dove
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver