Gypsy Boy Varey
Does one bad apple spoil the gender?
What's bred in is hard to kick out.
She's broken and no one can mend her,
Gives woman a bad name no doubt.
They don't buy from her they borrow,
Those ships that pass in the night.
And her destiny is untold sorrow,
She lacks the will to stand and fight.
She walks on the wild side of life,
And no man will she pass buy.
All it's brought her is trouble and strife,
And her life has become one big lie.
For all that glitters is not gold,
She will find out to her cost.
The self-respect that she has sold,
That irreplaceable she has lost.
Her false story will never end,
It will follow her for life;
She will never know true friend,
Nor ever be an honest wife.
The truth will come to light,
That she lives her life of sin;
And try although she might,
On my life, she will never win.
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Varey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Apple by Gypsy Boy Varey )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo
- Wild cock and hen., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My name, gajanan mishra
- It Was 1986 When I Started Writing In En.., Bijay Kant Dubey