Bad W riting
“E-nun-ci-ate! ” screaming at the top of lungs,
Speak correctly or keep your mouth shut.
“Spell check! ” You’ve spelt that wrong what’s the matter with you?
Rips out the page before yelling to start over.
“What is this crap? It makes no sense! You can’t die at the hand of a thousand men.
Take it out, learn life and don’t come back until you’ve learnt something better to write.
Crying about death and loneliness, singing about love and sex, you haven’t lived….
This is bad writing- not to your full potential.”
Disappointment, angst… not what life is about? Love, marriage, sex, and war – all empty.
Where is the line? I try to see, but where it is, is never clear to me.
Bonnefide case of SSDD.
“Good writing? Bad writing? Stop writing random crap and write from the heart. Write from the soul. Still bad writing? Go away. Don’t come back. Try a hand at something else.
Laura Cummings's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad W riting by Laura Cummings )
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
- Abandoned, Tony Adah
- Lace and More, Arno Le Roux
- Let there be light, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)