"Women had no souls", believed Europe once
Later found: hers was a belief false.
Bad was the kitchen life of simple wives
Under heavy weight of woes and knives.
She bears children as duty assigned
She bears the burden society designed
Husband's, children's, puzzlingly of herself
As crescendo to keep her "homestead-self."
Sometimes in history the sceptre she bears
Becomes Durgga of justice, without tears.
Did Adam feel Eve as equal ever?
Do men forbear women equal ever?
Sans human values Kurukshetras repeat
Problems once parents pinned never retreat.
Where the women are respected, therein
Beams the Heavenly bliss Manu is certain.
Women form Surayya in Feminists' life
The literate luminate family life;
Be Ardhanareeswara; hus and wife
Both become blankets for each others life.
Note; 1) Durgga is Kali or ParaShakti the creation of Lord Siva.
2) Kurukshetra; MahaBharata War
3) Manu: The hindu Law maker.
4) Ardhanareeswara: Half" naree/stree' and half ‘eeswara/Lord Siv'.
5) Surayya: Constellation of six stars: in Arabic, it is Al Thuraiyya.
6) Become blankets: Of mutual help; (The Qur'an,2: 187.)
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Blankets by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- AS THE MANGALYAN 14 WOOS THE MARS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Violence will always Beget more Violence, Hebert Logerie
- Pluis de muis, Madrason writer
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)