"Women had no souls", believed Europe once
Later found: hers was a belief false.
Bad was the kitchen life of simple wives
Under heavy weight of woes and knives.
She bears children as duty assigned
She bears the burden society designed
Husband's, children's, puzzlingly of herself
As crescendo to keep her "homestead-self."
Sometimes in history the sceptre she bears
Becomes Durgga of justice, without tears.
Did Adam feel Eve as equal ever?
Do men forbear women equal ever?
Sans human values Kurukshetras repeat
Problems once parents pinned never retreat.
Where the women are respected, therein
Beams the Heavenly bliss Manu is certain.
Women form Surayya in Feminists' life
The literate luminate family life;
Be Ardhanareeswara; hus and wife
Both become blankets for each others life.
Note; 1) Durgga is Kali or ParaShakti the creation of Lord Siva.
2) Kurukshetra; MahaBharata War
3) Manu: The hindu Law maker.
4) Ardhanareeswara: Half" naree/stree' and half ‘eeswara/Lord Siv'.
5) Surayya: Constellation of six stars: in Arabic, it is Al Thuraiyya.
6) Become blankets: Of mutual help; (The Qur'an,2: 187.)
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Blankets by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
- ~Someone Knows~, E Nigma
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
- Poet Persona and YOU, which is which?, Mr. Nobody
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow