"Women had no souls", believed Europe once
Later found: hers was a belief false.
Bad was the kitchen life of simple wives
Under heavy weight of woes and knives.
She bears children as duty assigned
She bears the burden society designed
Husband's, children's, puzzlingly of herself
As crescendo to keep her "homestead-self."
Sometimes in history the sceptre she bears
Becomes Durgga of justice, without tears.
Did Adam feel Eve as equal ever?
Do men forbear women equal ever?
Sans human values Kurukshetras repeat
Problems once parents pinned never retreat.
Where the women are respected, therein
Beams the Heavenly bliss Manu is certain.
Women form Surayya in Feminists' life
The literate luminate family life;
Be Ardhanareeswara; hus and wife
Both become blankets for each others life.
Note; 1) Durgga is Kali or ParaShakti the creation of Lord Siva.
2) Kurukshetra; MahaBharata War
3) Manu: The hindu Law maker.
4) Ardhanareeswara: Half" naree/stree' and half ‘eeswara/Lord Siv'.
5) Surayya: Constellation of six stars: in Arabic, it is Al Thuraiyya.
6) Become blankets: Of mutual help; (The Qur'an,2: 187.)
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Blankets by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas