Dear child within me,
You were conceived,
As tiny as you were,
You grew into a living being.
Each day as I waited,
Nourishing you dear child,
For that joyous day of ours.
Each month passed,
As you matured,
Reaching you duration,
You notified with gentle prods.
Your time came to be.
I had waited for you,
But you showed impatience,
And in pain I cried ‘Be Born'.
‘Be born dear child',
You were born.
I heard you ask' where am I? ',
With a smile on my face I replied:
‘You are born dear child,
You are with me'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Born by Iquo Umoh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer