Dear child within me,
You were conceived,
As tiny as you were,
You grew into a living being.
Each day as I waited,
Nourishing you dear child,
For that joyous day of ours.
Each month passed,
As you matured,
Reaching you duration,
You notified with gentle prods.
Your time came to be.
I had waited for you,
But you showed impatience,
And in pain I cried ‘Be Born'.
‘Be born dear child',
You were born.
I heard you ask' where am I? ',
With a smile on my face I replied:
‘You are born dear child,
You are with me'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Born by Iquo Umoh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra