Be happy and smile,
Sadness has gone out of style.
Show those teeth for a while.
Be happy let everyone see,
That you defy sadness and welcome glee.
Bounce along let people see.
Be happy whistle a tune,
From early morning till way past noon.
Until you see the rising moon.
Be happy and start a trend,
And then all hearts will start to mend.
Make everyone you see your friend.
4/22/11 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy by Juan Olivarez )
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson