Be happy and smile,
Sadness has gone out of style.
Show those teeth for a while.
Be happy let everyone see,
That you defy sadness and welcome glee.
Bounce along let people see.
Be happy whistle a tune,
From early morning till way past noon.
Until you see the rising moon.
Be happy and start a trend,
And then all hearts will start to mend.
Make everyone you see your friend.
4/22/11 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy by Juan Olivarez )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland