Beast of Beauty
Oh! Piety! You seek home with the less prettier, why?
Why do the pretty get readily stuck in the bog of ugliness?
Is it that God made beauty to be ravished, to be sinful? ?
I don't know but my observation clearly shows
Beauty is greatly prone to promiscuity and sinfulness
Satan seems to grab the pretty ones from the hand of God
and craves to take them in his fold
I am not sure but by dint of daily experience you'll find
mainly pretty women as whores
relentlessly indulged in dirty sex
mostly with ugly sensuous crooked men
in slums, palaces, mansions and red lite areas
in streets, clubs, bordellos and dens
wasting the light of their heavenly gift, the beauty
character, piety and life
in excessive lust for sex
sadly in the name of love
and money! !
mazHur Butt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beast of Beauty by mazHur Butt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..