But beauty is not just in the eyes of the beholder
Music told me, like earrings, it lies also in the beholder's ears.
And when years come to pass we lose sight and grow older,
Is there no more beauty? What about what the beholder hears?
Where there's pleasure beauty is the satisfaction
In happiness, beauty is the smiles worn on people's face.
Beauty is not in the possession but lies greatly in the promotion,
Not when you win the race but in the passion you had when picking up the pace!
There is beauty in being human, be you neither blind nor deaf
For life is not the words you hear or the pictures you see, it is a journey
Of the spirit, and when at a moment in time will death meet life half
Way, beauty never dies in God, is loved and tastes sweet like honey.
Truly the eye of heaven sees beauty everyday
For it shines light with warmth all day and we don't have to pay.
Mishack Mchunu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Mishack Mchunu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter