But beauty is not just in the eyes of the beholder
Music told me, like earrings, it lies also in the beholder's ears.
And when years come to pass we lose sight and grow older,
Is there no more beauty? What about what the beholder hears?
Where there's pleasure beauty is the satisfaction
In happiness, beauty is the smiles worn on people's face.
Beauty is not in the possession but lies greatly in the promotion,
Not when you win the race but in the passion you had when picking up the pace!
There is beauty in being human, be you neither blind nor deaf
For life is not the words you hear or the pictures you see, it is a journey
Of the spirit, and when at a moment in time will death meet life half
Way, beauty never dies in God, is loved and tastes sweet like honey.
Truly the eye of heaven sees beauty everyday
For it shines light with warmth all day and we don't have to pay.
Mishack Mchunu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Mishack Mchunu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- In a Gallery of Birds, Salvatore Ala
- Passenger, Georgina WilksWiffen
- I Raise A Toast To The Rising Sun, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Am An Indian English Poetess, You Call.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Month of Happiness, Robert Bly
- My Garden At Night, Alexander Johnson
- You're Magic, Michael McParland
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan