Ruby Tonacao Campos
Beauty Is in the Beholder's Eye
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" they say, and I agree.
Anyone can make anything beautiful or ugly by his seeing,
He can turn a red rose into green, or a yellow daffodil into brown,
A small hill, into a steep mountain or a huge stunt into a trail.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" you see, True.
Anyone can turn a wonderful evening into hell,
A rosy cheek into a black old salamander,
A tiny or slight quarrel into a hilarious war.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I subscribe.
You can turn your lifeless surrounding into a living paradise,
Your dilapidated and haunted house into colorful zoo,
A monotonous work into a stirring adventure.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I surmise,
Anyone can turn a homely woman into a stunning princes,
A tiger wife into a beauty queen,
A cold and dead husband into a spirited king.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I declare.
No matter what it is, or where it may be,
It is in the person's mind, his thinking, even his action,
It is his mindset, his own real perception.
Happy people become only happy when they choose to.
Contentment comes only to those who would have it,
Real joy to those who have a place for it in their hearts,
In their minds, and in their being.
Ruby Tonacao Campos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty Is in the Beholder's Eye by Ruby Tonacao Campos )
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)