Niki Nicholas Nkuna
Behind and outside the dark cloud
How far are you from danger?
Hearts of gold shining in your face
Blighting concern for safety
Spiteful spikes invincible in sunny days
Sensible during soft dark days
Seasonal changes lulling the mind
To mind no effect of nature but one’s concerns
How far are you from calamity?
Hard hearts darkening the light of day
Like the hide and seek of the sun
Gliding in and out of the dark clouds
How far are you from disaster?
The louder the cry of the awakened child
The deeper the pull from deep sleeps
Like the precarious climb of the rocky mountain
Perturbed by the plateaux whose fringes end in waterfall
How far are you from peril?
Wide awake from all kinds of extremities and comforting corners
From excellent and mediocre praise
Knowing the dress code for all seasons
Vigilant enough to see the moon behind the dark cloud
Paying no concern for the fluctuates of care but to oneself
How far are you from menace?
The cards stacking like the axe being sharpened in hindsight
The rhythm changes in tandem with seasons
Like the spiteful smile discerned by white teeth
In the absence of contemplation
When the axe finally fall attention maybe late
To assuage the pain
The smile will return and dwell on the agony
Bluffing the crazy minds and faces
Niki Nicholas Nkuna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Behind and outside the dark cloud by Niki Nicholas Nkuna )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard
- नोँ सोर गोसो, Ronjoy Brahma