Bells Chime The Hour Of Our Awakening
Velvet corridors form a labyrinth of purple bliss within the city walls
Our journey is begun, now, as we follow the summers trail
Sailing in the shadow of the sun.
The stars are our guardians by nightfall
We are as one within the all
Fallen from no grace but that of unknown unity
To experience life upon this plain
To experience love, joy and pain
We must be placed within terrestrial form
In skins that age with the storming of the years.
A knock upon the window pane
Who is it?
Who flies this high at night?
What angel is this?
What devil’s mistress?
Who are you?
Where are you?
I am your reflection lost.
Bells chime the hour of our awakening
As we are shaken, dragged from slumbering mass
And thrown into a world at war within itself.
The youth of the day are hiding,
Terrified of the grim reality that awaits them beyond the gates of graduation.
David Lacey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bells Chime The Hour Of Our Awakening by David Lacey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 72, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Tit for Tat, Aparna Chatterjee
- Cliche', Jon M. Nelson
- Prime Truth - 71, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Whiff By Kedarnath Sharma, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Dawn, Edward Kofi Louis
- When she could ask for sky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Silent Water Runs Deep, Jon M. Nelson
- Extinction, Jon M. Nelson
- My Tourniquet, Kyle Schlicher