[Song lyrics to music of 'Trämerei' – by Robert Schumann, (1810–1856) ]
Sweet dreams, to you, my precious child,
May you frolic in the meadow of a fairyland.—
Let angels keep your sleep beguiled,
As o'er your cradle doth the sandman softly stand.
Sweet dreams of golden elfin glades
Where the babble of a brook will sing a sleepy song, —
As round your bed float winged shades
To lullaby each slumbered hour the darkness long.
Sweet dreams, until the dawning break
Steals the night away with rosy gleams of beaming sun.—
Then you, my baby, will awake
To gladden days of treasured pleasures every one.
So soon a mourning dove will coo—
There I'll be with loving arms to hold you.
Sweet dreams, and never need you fear,
Blessed babe, for you shall always find me near.
Though happiness may come and go,
For tomorrow joy or sorrow in our fate could lie,
Just dream and grow, my child, to know
Always your mother everlastingly I will be biding by.
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Berceuse by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Is This India Where Female Foeticide Is .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- आंखौबो अन, Bahadur Basumatary
- In company, hasmukh amathalal
- In our company, hasmukh amathalal
- Scenario Z, Rod Lloyd
- IT Screams = spittin on the mortal cum.., sEaN nOrTh
- Some Will Leap, Rod Lloyd
- i'd like to be trapped in a small space .., Mandolyn Davidson
- Learning of deserving quality books is v.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal