[Song lyrics to music of 'Trämerei' – by Robert Schumann, (1810–1856) ]
Sweet dreams, to you, my precious child,
May you frolic in the meadow of a fairyland.—
Let angels keep your sleep beguiled,
As o'er your cradle doth the sandman softly stand.
Sweet dreams of golden elfin glades
Where the babble of a brook will sing a sleepy song, —
As round your bed float winged shades
To lullaby each slumbered hour the darkness long.
Sweet dreams, until the dawning break
Steals the night away with rosy gleams of beaming sun.—
Then you, my baby, will awake
To gladden days of treasured pleasures every one.
So soon a mourning dove will coo—
There I'll be with loving arms to hold you.
Sweet dreams, and never need you fear,
Blessed babe, for you shall always find me near.
Though happiness may come and go,
For tomorrow joy or sorrow in our fate could lie,
Just dream and grow, my child, to know
Always your mother everlastingly I will be biding by.
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Berceuse by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Beloved, Mouse or Mickey Mouse, Sandra Feldman
- When Destiny Called Out, Danusha Marie
- Bruised My Soul, Lilly Emery
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass