White Birds and Vipers
Investing in Diapers
She crawls towards the light
And cries out the night
'I'm not that much into Right'
So you write, right?
'No I... Right Write-
But do not know if I Write Right,
Only when I ... Write-Write'
'Right? , Right? '
These damn birds in the twilight
Had to be white-white
I'm losing your eyesight
In the Tokugawa Era:
-In the Ancient Pond
The Frogs Jump and they Enter
The Sound of Water.-
- - Matsuo Basho (translation by Charles Monroe)
Though blurred in the vision
Return in position
'Them White Birds Fur Dinna'
'They burn in the kitchen-
Now quitin' yal bitchin! '
I Rummage with ramesh
And rubbish the language
Wordsmiths with Wordsworth
The Woodworks of Wordsworks
We heard how the word works
The Ink-smiths with pink slips
The finest of bean dips
With chips from long trips
Of lands from afar.
I am boulevard night decor
Graffiti on Anti-Graffiti
I am but imagined words;
I am the White night-bird.
3.4.14 2: 57am
Los Angeles, California
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birdus Blancus by Charles Monroe )
- Divine Union!, Manjuri Neogi
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)