We are the
Villains because we speak truths
While heroes are silent
Divided in groups.
Villains are lonely and solely inspired
By God and Universe
By Nature and machine.
No secret identity
Here is my face
Now hate it secretly
And smile when you see it.
Villain because I oppose in the open
While heroes repose in the comfort of masks.
I am the hated timely belated distant related
Vocally illustrated, ghetto Affiliated
Despot, negatively painted.
The villain whose smile is remembered by children
An outlaw of men; a villain civilian
Illegal alien chained in captivity
Along Lady Liberty
A heroic villain; look at me!
Communal slave in the land of free
Enterprise and capital gain
Born terrified in the home of the brave.
The True Patriot of a land taken
Of a land that was and remains non vacant.
A Villain Heroic among us is obvious
Beyond communist disdained by populous
Daunted taunted haunted unwanted
Because we speak truths
We are heroic villains.
Charles Monroe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heroic Villains by Charles Monroe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram