Ronberge (anno primo)
- (Birthday Poem #5) To a Libra
My Dear Libra,
When at your best you are:
Urbane and Diplomatic
Charming and Romantic
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable
When at your worst you are:
Indecisive and changeable
Gullible and easily influenced
Flirtatious and self-indulgent
You have elegance charm and good taste.
Naturally kind very gentle and lover of beauty
You never pretend to be chaste.
You possess a good critical faculty
the way you look impartially at matters
when such treatment is required
on the whole, we think it’s evident,
you’re well-balanced and of even-temperament
However sometimes you surprise us with
easygoing to the point of letting go… maybe too easily?
growing restless with routine, indecisive, non-committal,
sometimes colorlessly conventional
you show impatience for criticism and greed for approval.
You’re a great ‘gossiper-in-the-making’… No?
The inquiring mind that wants to know
about all the little scandals
in its social circle?
But By understanding others point of view
resolving differences by compromise
you are without a doubt life’s diplomat
(albeit poor party politician)
a most treasured empathic companion
with an innate optimism spreading contagion.
And Since you like to share in the finer things in life
Be convivial with your friends on this occasion
Forget the ‘devil-may-care’ attitude because we do,
we care very much for you.
Best wishes on your birthday!
© ® All rights reserved
Ronberge (anno primo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- (Birthday Poem #5) To a Libra by Ronberge (anno primo) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra
- What'z a Curmudgeon?, douglas scotney
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon
- What Happens?, David Lewis Paget
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra
- Rasheeda, Matthias Pantaleon