Ronberge (anno primo)
- (Birthday Poem #5) To a Libra
My Dear Libra,
When at your best you are:
Urbane and Diplomatic
Charming and Romantic
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable
When at your worst you are:
Indecisive and changeable
Gullible and easily influenced
Flirtatious and self-indulgent
You have elegance charm and good taste.
Naturally kind very gentle and lover of beauty
You never pretend to be chaste.
You possess a good critical faculty
the way you look impartially at matters
when such treatment is required
on the whole, we think it’s evident,
you’re well-balanced and of even-temperament
However sometimes you surprise us with
easygoing to the point of letting go… maybe too easily?
growing restless with routine, indecisive, non-committal,
sometimes colorlessly conventional
you show impatience for criticism and greed for approval.
You’re a great ‘gossiper-in-the-making’… No?
The inquiring mind that wants to know
about all the little scandals
in its social circle?
But By understanding others point of view
resolving differences by compromise
you are without a doubt life’s diplomat
(albeit poor party politician)
a most treasured empathic companion
with an innate optimism spreading contagion.
And Since you like to share in the finer things in life
Be convivial with your friends on this occasion
Forget the ‘devil-may-care’ attitude because we do,
we care very much for you.
Best wishes on your birthday!
© ® All rights reserved
Ronberge (anno primo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- (Birthday Poem #5) To a Libra by Ronberge (anno primo) )
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)