The day tragedy struck, a misfortune that also held in
It´s grasp a tendency to giggle, a black sort of humour
when laughter threatens to replace sorrow.
My little cabin is built on a slope therefore every room
has a different level, two steps up three steps down and
so on. I used take in dogs for owners who didn’t want
them in a kennel but leave them in cosy a family setting.
One day I got a blind dog, but after a couple of days it
quickly learned where the steps were. Two weeks later
the lady called she was picking up her bundle of joy, and
the dog barked into the phone; smile and happiness.
When the dog heard the car stop it was in the kitchen
it raced into the hall forgetting the steps- three of them-
it fell awkwardly broke its neck and died.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (black humour by oskar hansen )
- The Girl of My Dreams, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)