The day tragedy struck, a misfortune that also held in
It´s grasp a tendency to giggle, a black sort of humour
when laughter threatens to replace sorrow.
My little cabin is built on a slope therefore every room
has a different level, two steps up three steps down and
so on. I used take in dogs for owners who didn’t want
them in a kennel but leave them in cosy a family setting.
One day I got a blind dog, but after a couple of days it
quickly learned where the steps were. Two weeks later
the lady called she was picking up her bundle of joy, and
the dog barked into the phone; smile and happiness.
When the dog heard the car stop it was in the kitchen
it raced into the hall forgetting the steps- three of them-
it fell awkwardly broke its neck and died.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (black humour by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp