Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dear Love, where the red lilies blossomed and grew
The white snows are falling;
And all through the woods where I wandered with you
The loud winds are calling;
And the robin that piped to us tune upon tune,
Neath the oak, you remember,
O'er hill-top and forest has followed the June
And left us December.
He has left like a friend who is true in the sun
And false in the shadows;
He has found new delights in the land where he's gone,
Greener woodlands and meadows.
Let him go! what care we? let the snow shroud the lea,
Let it drift on the heather;
We can sing through it all: I have you, you have me.
And we'll laugh at the weather.
The old year may die and a new year be born
That is bleaker and colder:
It cannot dismay us; we dare it, we scorn,
For our love makes us bolder.
Ah, Robin! sing loud on your far distant lea,
You friend in fair weather!
But here is a song sung that's fuller of glee,
By two warm hearts together.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bleak Weather by Ella Wheeler Wilcox )
Did you read them?
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon. chapter 1, Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)