Blessings For A Dying Friend
May your days and nights be filled with peace,
And may those you love be near.
May the solace of that closeness
Banish any hint of fear.
May the joy you've brought to others
Fill your soul now with that light,
And the memories of happy times
Fill your dreams through darkest night.
For you've lent your strength to many.
You've upheld us in our strife.
Now let those of us who love you
Let you know just how your life
Has been the brightest beacon
For you've shown us how to bear
With great dignity and courage
Both the bad times and the fair.
As a mentor and a leader
You have always been our guide.
As a friend there's been none better.
May you know all this with pride.
All our prayers and thoughts are with you.
May you feel their soothing grace.
May our care and loving hold you
Here within that sacred space.
And may God then grant you courage
When the time to fight is o'er
And be waiting for you smiling,
When you reach his lofty door.
For you'll be borne by angels
That our Lord has sent for you
And in wholeness be rewarded
All your pain will then be through.
Beatrice Dahlen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessings For A Dying Friend by Beatrice Dahlen )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)