Blessings For A Dying Friend
May your days and nights be filled with peace,
And may those you love be near.
May the solace of that closeness
Banish any hint of fear.
May the joy you've brought to others
Fill your soul now with that light,
And the memories of happy times
Fill your dreams through darkest night.
For you've lent your strength to many.
You've upheld us in our strife.
Now let those of us who love you
Let you know just how your life
Has been the brightest beacon
For you've shown us how to bear
With great dignity and courage
Both the bad times and the fair.
As a mentor and a leader
You have always been our guide.
As a friend there's been none better.
May you know all this with pride.
All our prayers and thoughts are with you.
May you feel their soothing grace.
May our care and loving hold you
Here within that sacred space.
And may God then grant you courage
When the time to fight is o'er
And be waiting for you smiling,
When you reach his lofty door.
For you'll be borne by angels
That our Lord has sent for you
And in wholeness be rewarded
All your pain will then be through.
Beatrice Dahlen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessings For A Dying Friend by Beatrice Dahlen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera