During two horrific world wars
thousands of young men died,
defending freedom and democracy?
That's what they were told as they
marched off to a certain death.
But it was a calculated lie!
A hundred years on the freedom
they gave their lives for,
is a freedom for the rich and powerful
to manipulate the weak and poor with impunity.
Under the high flying flag of democracy.
jerry hughes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BLOODY DISGRACE by jerry hughes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< Mr. shadow, Abdul Wahab
- <<< Love Point, Abdul Wahab
- <<<< A dream of a whole life, Abdul Wahab
- << choosing, Abdul Wahab
- Beautiful Truth, Shane Labreche
- <<< I shall keep you There, Abdul Wahab
- <<< you do not fear i know, Abdul Wahab
- Delete nature, gajanan mishra
- She Forgot How to Cry, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- <<<, , , , , Revenge, Abdul Wahab