L C Vieira
This is an envied luxury,
tall pines in every view.
Grand maples, hickory, tulip trees
refresh my spirit 'new.
Apple blossoms, fluffs of white,
purple phlox to greet my sight
and blue Forget-me-nots below
are all I need, though more I know.
Nature's cathedral rises high
above this humble roof
where plumbing is still lacking some,
bare floors and ceilings, proof,
and aching backs tossed through dark hours
on make-shift beds too late.
Now quiet is the only sound
when peepers' trill await.
Raindrops tip tap tip tap tip tap
to chickadees' sing-song,
so warm the draughty chill's attempts
for what does not belong.
My nails are soiled,
cracked mud on boots
and wild hair chases wind
to waiting paths of forest trees
where ancient voices call -
here you have saved a space for me
and kept it from the start,
and I will keep it close inside
as special to my heart.
(2007, edited 2012)
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blooming Hills by L C Vieira )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin