Colors of the rainbow
Red is the leader
and is first in line
he knows when to appear
always on time!
Orange is second
as orange as can be
joining with it's neighbours
he's so clever, can't you see?
Yellow is third
and very bright
if you're looking at a rainbow
better hold on tight!
Pink is finally here
dazzling us with her shine
no-one's looking at the other colors
they haven't got time!
Green is quite light
hardly to be seen
it's hiding it's beauty
that's very mean...
Blue is blue
exactly like the sea
that rainbow is like a rollercoaster
come on, say WEEEEE! ! !
Purple has arrived
it's the end
but take a look
at that beautiful bend...
They are the...
Colors of the Rainbow...
maryam kazmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Colors of the rainbow by maryam kazmi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Afraid, Leong Ming Loong
- Let God spread his sway, hasmukh amathalal
- मिलन ऐसा हो, ओ गोरी, की दुनिया भूल न पाये, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- RUTHIYA YAAR MAIN KYUON MANAVAN, Om Chawla
- Poisoned, Harley White
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja