Tell me of the 'Blue Jay'
who sings from tree to tree in the early hours of the morning.
Has he found his nest and mate well hidden amongst the hanging Moss?
On what Oak tree lies his precious treasure,
his hearts and ever needing desire?
Across the pond close to the waters edge
the Ducks family celebrate Water, Fire and Earth.
Readying for their Sunday walk through Avalon.
Duck~feet firmly on the Earth clutching nail~down into an unbreakable pace, they march one by one making most of time and space...
BLUEJAY lost amidst desire wanders now from tree to tree,
misplace and forgotten by the nights heavy storm....
Tell me of the dreary song of lost souls in morning sun,
are they of the Blue Jay or of your own heart?
Are you home smiling to the stars or on a collision course with desire?
Is getting hot outside but where is home with Moss on every tree and Duck's all around?
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blue Jay by Gengis Capote )
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)