Born to Hate
I was sure
I meant a lot to Tommy.
He even told me
that all of his songs
were solely written for me.
But then he released
his new album
with titles like 'For Mary Anne'
and 'Mary's Song'.
He said he had found someone else
who made him feel
like he actually had
a purpose in life.
Mary Anne was full of spirit
I am anything but that.
I am morose and obscene.
I prefer staying at home
pounding on the piano
than to be hiking through the forest
collecting twigs and stones.
Maybe that is why he likes her.
I lacked all those things
and that is exactly what Tommy
was looking for.
for not telling me sooner.
I said it was fine
since we had only been friends.
Tommy found his other half,
He had long been looking for one
and he was certain I
would be his true love.
Then came along Mary Anne
who ruined my life
and made me the way I am today.
Maybe I really was born to hate.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I hate you. :)
Comments about this poem (Born to Hate by Unintelligible Susurration )
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)