I am not allowed to take even a breath in my own way,
I am still bounded and slave of male-dominating society.
I even can't go to the world of my dreams and can't fly away,
As man consider me and animals in same variety.
Selfish man gave me injuries and snatched my aim's feathers,
And made me slave by keeping me in four walls all around.
But I wanted to enjoy twenty first century's weather,
But why could not I fly and still get bound?
Just tell me readers! Till when I have to bear these pains,
I wanna fulfill my dreams for being the most successful.
Just tell me! when I will get chance to enjoy superior rains,
As I wanna leave these bounds as this is so stressful.
Tanveer Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bounded Woman by Tanveer Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song