I am not allowed to take even a breath in my own way,
I am still bounded and slave of male-dominating society.
I even can't go to the world of my dreams and can't fly away,
As man consider me and animals in same variety.
Selfish man gave me injuries and snatched my aim's feathers,
And made me slave by keeping me in four walls all around.
But I wanted to enjoy twenty first century's weather,
But why could not I fly and still get bound?
Just tell me readers! Till when I have to bear these pains,
I wanna fulfill my dreams for being the most successful.
Just tell me! when I will get chance to enjoy superior rains,
As I wanna leave these bounds as this is so stressful.
Tanveer Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bounded Woman by Tanveer Sharma )
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi