Did I hear you call my name?
I was listening, though I was stilled with shame
Was it real or just a game?
I’m confused, ‘cos things are no more the same.
Silent days and sleepless nights
Gone are those days you held me tight
I’m so disturbed that you’re out of sight
Why did you have to go my sparkling light?
Just when I thought we’re in for love
You played me off like a game of golf
You inflicted me with emotional cough
Give me the antidote, bring back your love.
I’m sorry for whatever reason I faulted
Forgive me if I ever made you feel insulted
In your heart, I’m sure my name was long deleted
But don’t forget that with nothing we both started.
How can I refill your emotional cup
Without you, I keep missing my lunch and my sup
I believe we can still walk up to the top
Honey, can't we move on, and quit breaking up?
Vyktor Ekott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking Up! by Vyktor Ekott )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal
- We all cry, hasmukh amathalal
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mystical Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fighting, Dark Guardian
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi