Every day in my life is a struggle.
Trying to break free,
Get away from the
Intimidating looks and menacing faces.
In middle school I was told
I would never be beautiful,
That I was just another freak.
I let those words shape me.
Now the school halls scare me.
When I'm around people
I put my guard up, staying quiet because
I'm afraid to let others know me.
All around me people succeed,
And I can't even open up.
Afraid of what they might say about me.
I wish I was stronger.
Now I try to just shut it out,
But I'm broken.
I want to hide it but
How do you hide something so big
Behind a girl so small?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken by Breanna Galle' )
- Solace in Solitude, Donald R Charon
- On Being Governed, Donald R Charon
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)