Every day in my life is a struggle.
Trying to break free,
Get away from the
Intimidating looks and menacing faces.
In middle school I was told
I would never be beautiful,
That I was just another freak.
I let those words shape me.
Now the school halls scare me.
When I'm around people
I put my guard up, staying quiet because
I'm afraid to let others know me.
All around me people succeed,
And I can't even open up.
Afraid of what they might say about me.
I wish I was stronger.
Now I try to just shut it out,
But I'm broken.
I want to hide it but
How do you hide something so big
Behind a girl so small?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken by Breanna Galle' )
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Another Crossroads, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am remembering that day, gajanan mishra
- Climbing A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- First Love At First Sight, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Question, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)