Brothers And Sisters
For my adopted sisters
Brothers and sisters
do not always have to be kin
we can make them sometimes
from very close friends.
Someone we want within our family
to share with us
our successes and our triumphs.
We take them because we care
more than friendship grows.
We want them in our lives
for now and evermore,
until the day we die.
We want them close
as kin folk should be,
so we adopt them into our family
as a brother or a sister
which ever it may be.
24 March 2009
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brothers And Sisters by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry