Brothers And Sisters
For my adopted sisters
Brothers and sisters
do not always have to be kin
we can make them sometimes
from very close friends.
Someone we want within our family
to share with us
our successes and our triumphs.
We take them because we care
more than friendship grows.
We want them in our lives
for now and evermore,
until the day we die.
We want them close
as kin folk should be,
so we adopt them into our family
as a brother or a sister
which ever it may be.
24 March 2009
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brothers And Sisters by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak