Build Trust Slowly
We are afraid to get punished so we tell a lie,
we start to hide what we feel inside.
Honesty should be encouraged
Don't punish your kids for being honest of course.
Real relationships are honest and sincere,
they don't play games, lie out of fear.
Me I say too much to someone who doesn't deserve,
then they turn around and use it to hurt.
So build trust slowly don't say too much too soon,
you have to find out if the other person is a loon.
Written on January 21,2012 by Christina Sunrise
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Build Trust Slowly by Christina Sunrise )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)