Burden, Oh Burden
Big Burden, big burden why do you crush?
Turning my voice to a soft gentle hush.
Big burden, big burden why won’t you leave?
From around my neck you must now cleave.
Burden, oh burden where is my air?
Gone is my joy replaced with despair.
Burden, oh burden release your hold.
For this stone is heavy, dirty and cold.
Burden, my burden why did I choose?
To fall for your trick, to fall for your ruse.
Burden, my burden I’ve carried you far.
And I have grown used to your jagged scar.
This burden, this burden doesn’t relent.
It never gets tired or emotionally spent.
This burden, this burden likes to remind.
It whispers, it yells and never is kind.
Now burden, now burden I learned the truth.
Gone are the days of my hasty youth.
Now burden, now burden your secret’s laid bare.
For your weight is oppressive the more that I care.
Go burden, go burden a Saviour has died.
And He is caring of His precious bride.
Go burden, go burden I hear the Master’s call.
To let go of my yoke and now watch it fall.
Chris Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden, Oh Burden by Chris Taylor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis