Joseph T. Renaldi
The sun emerged from behind a cloud
after a brief summer shower.
I noticed a colorful butterfly
glide from flower to flower.
On delicate wings it fluttered by
without a worry, it seemed to me,
Frolicking in the warm and humid air
care free and happy as can be.
This graceful and lovely butterfly
was so appealing to the eye,
Only, if I had wings attached to me,
I, too would use them to fly.
Feeling happy, content and worry free,
I would leave my worldly problems behind,
and dwell on the many hidden dreams
that still lie dormant in my mind.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Butterfly Wings by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Respite For My Soul, Richard Provencher
- The Painful Genius, Great Shakespeare, Fyodor Sologub
- A THOUGHT HAS TO BE THERE..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- When I Sailed In A Sea, Fyodor Sologub
- What Are Our Villages, Fyodor Sologub
- Experience And Expand, Gokul Raj
- Perth, Paul Cranley
- البيان الأخير, سميح القاسم
- WRITING FURTIVELY, Satish Verma
- Fluoride, Paul Cranley