Chime Justice Ndubuisi
No need to feel sorry my Lord
For sending me out to the wild.
I found in a cave, a hoard
Of gold and a wife who's mild.
This is the hardest part;
We sucked from same mother's breast.
Many marvel at my kind of heart
If it is not one of a beast.
His blood called, you heard from above,
Blood of the Lamb; the first.
You should've split the love
Fifty-fifty, for we were innocent.
It happened, I'll explain,
When the world has a little history
And the land was smooth and plain
But it's not without its own misery.
First, i did not know
It was more of contest than sacrifice;
Not being ready for the show,
I thought a little from my farm'd suffice
Hoping also that God who cursed
The land I cultivate and harvest
Would understand the land hasn't healed,
That I toil day and night without rest,
I should've known that He prefers meat
To ordinary fruits and vegetables
But I only presented what I've got
Ignorant that they'd create no spectacles.
When i said, 'brother follow me
To the wood'
It was with the intention that we
Fetched for our mother, bundles of firewood
But my brother started bragging
Again about the sacrifice;
How God loved him from the beginning.
Must he shame me to my very face?
They say i slayed him out of jealousy
No, it is out of anger
I knew if he dies, i'd be lonely
But I couldn't control my temper.
Now I stare at the road ahead
And the prospect of wandering
Would bring me to danger and great need
For anyone seeing me, i'm game for hunting.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cain by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)