Pontsho PCP Pusos
What a sack of hard muscled manhood!
Why does he lion me so with his catlike stare?
Does he see through the sweat that covers my feeble womanhood?
If it were not for Legano the bore,
I would run before him like a helpless Tshesebe.
There I would jump in welcome freight,
As he nestled his ivory white teeth into my exposed neck.
What a tub of chewy, wonton, womanhood!
Why does she stare at me with helpless prey-like eyes?
Does she not see the hunger that hardens my manly resolve?
Were it not for that fool Legano prattling about her,
I would chase her wantonness into the bush.
There I would jump her,
And spray her womanly sweat all over the desert sand.
Each recognising the other for what they were.
She scuttled before him into the bush.
There the lion roared as it went about the kill,
And the Tshesebe squealed in submission.
For a time there was peaceful silence.
And the camp went back to its chatter;
Until the feeding hour had descended.
And again the lion bared its white hot teeth.
And the Tshesebe had to run to the killing fields.
Pontsho PCP Pusos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Camp Comedy by Pontsho PCP Pusos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Eternal Joys, ramesh rai
- Poetry of The Earth, Want I To Write, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Willingly offer, hasmukh amathalal
- Excitement knows no bounds, gajanan mishra
- We are suffering., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..