Can’t you listen
It was just yesterday,
That I met you…..
Playing and laughing we were,
In such a jolly mood.
Then suddenly your hand slipped away,
I couldn't got hold of it,
It just faded away.
Like stars on sky fade away when the sun kisses the dawn,
Neither do you know, nor I,
How a song is sung,
Just moving like clouds we are,
Up the sky above and above,
Like climbing stairs to the listening heaven,
With our silent footsteps.
We are going somewhere very far away,
Opposite of you I am.
Where are we going, dear?
Can’t you listen what my heart sings?
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can’t you listen by Piyush Dey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Flesh Corrupted Pharaoh Youth Dreams, Terence G. Craddock
- The Stench of War, Sunshine Rose
- I shudder, Aftab Alam
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA
- you are neither changed nor diminished, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer