Can’t you listen
It was just yesterday,
That I met you…..
Playing and laughing we were,
In such a jolly mood.
Then suddenly your hand slipped away,
I couldn't got hold of it,
It just faded away.
Like stars on sky fade away when the sun kisses the dawn,
Neither do you know, nor I,
How a song is sung,
Just moving like clouds we are,
Up the sky above and above,
Like climbing stairs to the listening heaven,
With our silent footsteps.
We are going somewhere very far away,
Opposite of you I am.
Where are we going, dear?
Can’t you listen what my heart sings?
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can’t you listen by Piyush Dey )
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)