Capturing the wild horse of Courage
Tell me how to overcome this fear
And I will listen and memorise every word.
Point to me the easy solution
But remind me that all great things need courage.
I am afraid of rejection,
Please say that I might be missing True love
And that access to happiness
is not given with out a struggle.
Convince me to hear the weak voice inside me
And not the loud one that is always there,
Help me to become a better listener of myself.
Protect me from comments that
I really don’t need to hear,
Teach me not to be influenced
By people that are more willing to judge
Take my hand and lead me to the pathway
That deep inside I know I should follow.
Blow courage into my face
Until I open my eyes..
Ivy Christou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Capturing the wild horse of Courage by Ivy Christou )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- rivers arms around me, Mandolyn Davidson
- i'm homesick for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Spread Love Like VD?, LUVinThe NOW
- The Revelation Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Lord, Lord, Jared Hirsch
- My Satan, Jared Hirsch
- Shakespeare, Nassy Fesharaki
- Blood of Gaza, Akhtar Jawad
- Small is no less than the big, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Seed of Lemuria, Cynthia McCoy