Capturing the wild horse of Courage
Tell me how to overcome this fear
And I will listen and memorise every word.
Point to me the easy solution
But remind me that all great things need courage.
I am afraid of rejection,
Please say that I might be missing True love
And that access to happiness
is not given with out a struggle.
Convince me to hear the weak voice inside me
And not the loud one that is always there,
Help me to become a better listener of myself.
Protect me from comments that
I really don’t need to hear,
Teach me not to be influenced
By people that are more willing to judge
Take my hand and lead me to the pathway
That deep inside I know I should follow.
Blow courage into my face
Until I open my eyes..
Ivy Christou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Capturing the wild horse of Courage by Ivy Christou )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher