Capturing the wild horse of Courage
Tell me how to overcome this fear
And I will listen and memorise every word.
Point to me the easy solution
But remind me that all great things need courage.
I am afraid of rejection,
Please say that I might be missing True love
And that access to happiness
is not given with out a struggle.
Convince me to hear the weak voice inside me
And not the loud one that is always there,
Help me to become a better listener of myself.
Protect me from comments that
I really don’t need to hear,
Teach me not to be influenced
By people that are more willing to judge
Take my hand and lead me to the pathway
That deep inside I know I should follow.
Blow courage into my face
Until I open my eyes..
Ivy Christou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Capturing the wild horse of Courage by Ivy Christou )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody
- Solid Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fallen flower, hasmukh amathalal
- We all cry, hasmukh amathalal
- Innate Supply Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak