Capturing the wild horse of Courage
Tell me how to overcome this fear
And I will listen and memorise every word.
Point to me the easy solution
But remind me that all great things need courage.
I am afraid of rejection,
Please say that I might be missing True love
And that access to happiness
is not given with out a struggle.
Convince me to hear the weak voice inside me
And not the loud one that is always there,
Help me to become a better listener of myself.
Protect me from comments that
I really don’t need to hear,
Teach me not to be influenced
By people that are more willing to judge
Take my hand and lead me to the pathway
That deep inside I know I should follow.
Blow courage into my face
Until I open my eyes..
Ivy Christou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Capturing the wild horse of Courage by Ivy Christou )
- Antidepressants, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Eve of Destruction (2014), Anthony Di'anno
- ! Struck by the Oner, Alice Vedral Rivera
- Haiku 12, Suresh Dogra
- A Shoulder To Cry On, Joe Rosochacki
- The moment you, gajanan mishra
- Qoute # 6, Is It Poetry
- Animal Factory, Dasia Deas
- I am happy, hasmukh amathalal
- A curse and legend story., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1886 - 1967)