Car Boot Sale
Table tops full, of unwanted gifts,
Scarves for the Winter, with nice cosy mitts,
A variety of shoes, that have seen better days!
Old teasets placed neatly, on various trays.
Searching through boxes of mixed bric-a-brac,
Clothes blowing gaily on long metal racks.
One persons trash, is another ones treasure!
To pick up a bargain, is such a great pleasure!
Cars drive in slowly, packed to the brim,
I wouldn't miss this, for life or limb!
Buyers swoop in, like bees around honey!
For cheaply priced items, that cost little money.
They haggle, they banter!
It's part of the fun,
There's a satisfied look!
When the deal is done.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Car Boot Sale by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Ponzi Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- There Are No Noncombatants, Lawrence Beck
- THE HOSTAGE, Satish Verma