Car Boot Sale
Table tops full, of unwanted gifts,
Scarves for the Winter, with nice cosy mitts,
A variety of shoes, that have seen better days!
Old teasets placed neatly, on various trays.
Searching through boxes of mixed bric-a-brac,
Clothes blowing gaily on long metal racks.
One persons trash, is another ones treasure!
To pick up a bargain, is such a great pleasure!
Cars drive in slowly, packed to the brim,
I wouldn't miss this, for life or limb!
Buyers swoop in, like bees around honey!
For cheaply priced items, that cost little money.
They haggle, they banter!
It's part of the fun,
There's a satisfied look!
When the deal is done.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Car Boot Sale by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols
- Caged In, Kerri Foxx
- Only faith, I keep, Aftab Alam
- har khel khel liya, Yashvardhan Goel
- Broken, Kerri Foxx
- Take Time, Proud SugarBoe
- Persian cat upon the fence, lee fones
- Tragedy at Nightfall, Kerri Foxx