Traumatised, terrified, hiding from view,
Shrinking back, expecting attack, poor you.
Treated with kindness, patience and respect,
Now look at you.
Out in the open, stretching out, relaxed,
Watching the birds and television too,
Nudging for food and a lie on my lap,
It's a rehomed cat's world, no looking back.
Edith Oram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cat Rescue by Edith Oram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal
- Ideas, gajanan mishra
- Clad in Stars, Steven Rhoads