Dwayne Earle Gordon
CC (Chris) Sound The Big Thing
He was a friend and a brother
He was a son to his father
And a father to his son and daughter
He was a husband to his wife
He was the man.
I remember the times when we used to hang out until 3 in the mornings just playing dominoes, the jokes we made.
Now that you're gone we're empty, I'm empty.
There is no other person in the world that could ever be the friend that you've been for the past twelve years my brother.
Who am I going to drive around with now?
Who am I going to tell my stories to, and ask for their opinion?
All the years we've been friends I never thought that one of us would leave the way you did
I'm empty, I'm weak, and I stilll can't believe that you passed away
You were always willing, always smiling
You always kept your cool.
Remembering our past, I don't know how I'm going to go on
But I have hope, I have dreams, that one day we are going to meet again my friend
'No man is an island'
Now that you're gone from this sinful world
Rest in peace my Brother
Rest In Peace.
05: 02: 2006
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CC (Chris) Sound The Big Thing by Dwayne Earle Gordon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes