Not a breach in the surface,
But it only lasts so long,
Until it hardens...
It weathers the elements-
Sets hard like a rock.
Takes hammer after hammer,
Blast after blast.
But then appears a crack,
An ant could not get lost in it.
No one would be very fussed with it.
A stone falls upon it.
Bigger grows the crack,
The dark recesses of all-consumption.
Stone after stone,
Greater grows the crack,
Until it causes a human to stack...
As the hunger of the crack ceases,
The tyranny ends-
A new road is paved.
A new beginning,
So you do not feel enslaved,
By the hunger of the crack,
Unti it begins to come...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cement by ally gunther )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher
- Change Coming, Kyle Schlicher
- One Because Of The Other, Kyle Schlicher