Ch 04 On The Advantages Of Silence Story 01
said to a friend that I have chosen rather to be silent than to speak because on most occasions good and bad words are scattered concurrently but enemies perceive only the latter. He replied: ‘That enemy is the greatest who does not see any good.’
The brother of enmity passes not near a good man
Except to consider him as a most wicked liar.
Virtue is to the eyes of enmity the greatest fault.
Sa’di is a rose but to the eye of enemies a thorn.
The world illumining sun and fountain of light
Look ugly to the eye of the mole.
Saadi Shirazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ch 04 On The Advantages Of Silence Story 01 by Saadi Shirazi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher
- Ten, John F. McCullagh
- A Memory On A Frozen Day, Kyle Schlicher
- The Lakota Sioux, Jim Yerman
- My sorrow - my life, gajanan mishra
- और इस तरह मैंने ज़िंदगी को आसान कर लिया..., Sandhya Jane