Consumed by this emotion
Devoured by this affection
Engulfed in this addiction
Entangled in this feeling
Where do I go from here?
To the past?
To all what we shared?
To the future?
Which we have not as a pair?
The call of your love
The loud whisper
Of your voice
Speaking into my ears
I still hear it in my sleep
In my consciousness
How do I let go of your hand?
How do I break this bond?
But the future beckons
I will be answereth to her call
It's bright from the distance
Brighter as I go closer
The future, where I belong
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains Bond by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe