Chance is stepping on a line,
Chance is playing games with time.
Chance is a wishing, yearning dream,
Chance is picking for its team.
Chance is never set in stone,
Chance is what leaves us alone.
Chance is living, dying well,
Chance is what can never tell.
Chance is daytime’s morning light,
Chance is the darkest of the night.
Chance is hope and asking please,
Chance is the chance you have with me.
Chance is what you get, or not,
Chance is all that I’ve forgot.
Chance is wanting to be loved,
Chance is getting pushed and shoved.
Chance is one more hour, day,
Chance is the way the game is played.
Chance is the ruler of the world,
Chance is the oyster’s shining pearl.
Chances are, this poem is great,
Chances are, way after I’m ‘Late’.
Sandra Osborne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chance by Sandra Osborne )
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)