And then, the days became longer. Although all days are equally long regardless of the season, some days are long not only seasonally but by rewards they offer. These were such days—generous in sunshine and generous in offerings springing from the trees, from the streets showered by sunrays and dancing shadows, from beaches, from the faces of people. On one of these days, I met her.
Serenity bloomed in the outer place and inside my head I felt some knowledge, some understanding, that only bliss can teach; I felt her presence before noticing her in front of Gibson's. (I was able to find her because she was waiting for me in those gloomy days, shining through the gloomy thoughts, making gloomy days and moods bearable.)
And then, I saw her and we walked into a long day with ease as if we knew each other or were forcibly separated and united again by a chance we took long before it arrived.
Dejan Stojanovic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chance by Dejan Stojanovic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey