Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra
Childhood is an innocent little girl!
Little girl Childhood
like a crinkling jingling passionate
She splashes and splurges
at every wonder of nature.
She is more fearless than the Himalaya,
she is buoyant like a passionate rainfall!
Her eyes shine twinkling sparkling stars,
she has dew drops on her smiling lips,
and jasmine flowers caught
in her unruly hair.
She plucks purity and
wears it on her ears
as shining ear-rings,
honesty is her bangles
that caress her soft hands.
I wanted to hold her
and cajole her to stay forever.
I did not notice time piling up!
Her hand slipped from my clasp.
May be I couldn’t hold her
as warm and as tight as I should have!
on a gloomy monotonous morning,
with a nagging sound of rainfall
in the background,
I lost that innocent little girl
Since then my eyes keep searching
among faces, among names
beyond the never ending ticking
to have just one glimpse of
that little girl named Childhood.
Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood by Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Posting Photos On The Facebook, I Feel I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- corrosion, oskar hansen
- TO HIS BOOTYLICIOUS MISTRESS, Israel Dammy Ipaye
- Post Photos of Beautiful Girls On The Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- To A Young Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Feet, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Common Touch, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Newspaper Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ideal Indian Wife, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Accomplished Care, Edgar Albert Guest