Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra
Childhood is an innocent little girl!
Little girl Childhood
like a crinkling jingling passionate
She splashes and splurges
at every wonder of nature.
She is more fearless than the Himalaya,
she is buoyant like a passionate rainfall!
Her eyes shine twinkling sparkling stars,
she has dew drops on her smiling lips,
and jasmine flowers caught
in her unruly hair.
She plucks purity and
wears it on her ears
as shining ear-rings,
honesty is her bangles
that caress her soft hands.
I wanted to hold her
and cajole her to stay forever.
I did not notice time piling up!
Her hand slipped from my clasp.
May be I couldn’t hold her
as warm and as tight as I should have!
on a gloomy monotonous morning,
with a nagging sound of rainfall
in the background,
I lost that innocent little girl
Since then my eyes keep searching
among faces, among names
beyond the never ending ticking
to have just one glimpse of
that little girl named Childhood.
Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Childhood by Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)