Listen keenly to the voices
That makes up that song
Before you set the tune,
Thereafter, just sing along.
Be open to people's advises
And wise in your decisions,
That way, you'll rarely regret
Over your final conclusions.
Pay attention to the noises,
Lest you make a mistake,
For there is one so clear,
Pick it for heavens sake.
Before you make critical choices,
Always try to meditate soberly,
Consulting others where necessary
And kneeling before God humbly.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choices by Faraj Nyandiko )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.