Cleaning My Closet
I want to burn the box in my closet
It watches me at night
Knowing it holds dreaded forgettables.
I want to burn the notes and photos
That made me who I am,
But I am not who I was
I want to watch the inferno
Of a past life's hell
As the grey ghosts escape into ozone
I want to burn that box.
Maylee Bossy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cleaning My Closet by Maylee Bossy )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak