coffee shop blues
Sitting in an old run down coffee shop,
I run my fingers through my hair and think
where the hell is es?
He promised to be here today.
Picking up my phone i check the time
then i sigh because i knew he would be late.
The waitresss waltz by and asks for my order,
I just wave her off and say im waiting for someone.
The clock on the wall slowly moved on,
the hour grows later.
Three coffee's later i sigh.
When i raise to my feet i see you approuching the coffee shop,
with another girl under your arm.
When you raise your eyes and spot me I stare into your lieing eyes,
then i turn and waltz through the back door of the shop. I can hear you running after me as i climb into my car.
I start the car and put it in reverse.
I pull back and watch you run after me as i pull away and into the busy street.
Ashley burnam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (coffee shop blues by Ashley burnam )
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)