What is beauty without warmth n love,
Brrrrrrh cold seein but cannot hold.
No grasp of this beauty, only a distant touch,
Maybe from giving beauty to much.
Or not givin beauty enough,
Seein the distant gaze of green, grey, n blue haze
In the place where beautys eyes go.
But to the touch beauty is cold as snow.
How did beauty get so?
Why did beauty let go, of the warmth that imbrased her so tight?
Guess beauty is still beauty inspite,
Only dream of beauty every night.
To wake everyday in dismay not to see beautys face.
So my thoughts of beauty remain in solitude,
to respect beautys mind not to be rude.
Still wantin to intrude because of my pain.
But what if beauty calls anothers name,
In the hours that I dream of her.
So my words remain a secret to beautys ears,
As i quickly wipe away the tears.
And wish beauty the best of life.
As i grasp myself and my dutys,
Still lingering in my mind is cold beauty.
Ozie James's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cold Beauty by Ozie James )
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
- Morning Star, Naveed Khalid
- Creator of Destruction, Hayley Lewis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns