Staring out my window on a bright spring day,
Seems even the weather knows how I feel dismay.
Dark clouds gather the cold is near.
Spring and rebirth no longer matter, I fear.
White snow is falling, gathering all in its cold embrace.
A flower hides, encased in the coldness.
There is no sunshine only sadness.
No love to be found,
Cold, dark clouds abound.
The warmth of spring is lost,
For my life of sin I have paid the cost.
The coldness envelopes, the coldness beckons
It is my Savior, my destruction.
Jim Milks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cold Spring by Jim Milks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Words as Markers, Ananta Madhavan
- Accursed Fireballs, Suman Kumar Das
- Many Just Want To Be Overheard, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Happy Birthday, dear Poet Rajaram Ramach.., Dr John Celes
- life in wonder, amit yadav
- Time To Come Home, Suchoon Mo_
- 'Little Lena Marie', Quenten McClellan
- Oviedo, Robert Melliard
- Seventy Four, Jared Hirsch
- बावनाय नङा बड'फा, Ronjoy Brahma