Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow
Come Back To My World
You promised of coming
And glittering my world with golden shine,
You promised of dawning
And lighting my life with heavenly sunshine.
I know, you meant it
And forfair'd to blossom my world with joy,
I know, you dreamt it
And grounded to give me wings to fly.
But, alas, you and I are shallow wells,
Nothing spring out of mere human efforts;
We are silent dolls without divine calls,
A thousand puzzles drown our dear thoughts.
Darkness does now pervade my world,
It's part of the ceaseless cosmic cycle;
But, disintegrated is your lovely world
For promising me that sublime miracle.
No sunshine I ever yearn,
No golden shine, no joy nor wings to fly;
Without you I go forfairn,
Languid, languorous, dry, and all day I cry.
Come back to my world,
You are the glittering sunshine I cherish;
Lo, hold me in your fold,
Or else I'm bound to ever slowly perish.
Darkness or sunshine I never care
Until I'm certain, each other we share;
When I go to lose you, it is all bare,
A life to live then ahead I never dare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Back To My World by Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones