Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
Come Back To My World
You promised of coming
And glittering my world with golden shine,
You promised of dawning
And lighting my life with heavenly sunshine.
I know, you meant it
And forfair'd to blossom my world with joy,
I know, you dreamt it
And grounded to give me wings to fly.
But, alas, you and I are shallow wells,
Nothing spring out of mere human efforts;
We are silent dolls without divine calls,
A thousand puzzles drown our dear thoughts.
Darkness does now pervade my world,
It's part of the ceaseless cosmic cycle;
But, disintegrated is your lovely world
For promising me that sublime miracle.
No sunshine I ever yearn,
No golden shine, no joy nor wings to fly;
Without you I go forfairn,
Languid, languorous, dry, and all day I cry.
Come back to my world,
You are the glittering sunshine I cherish;
Lo, hold me in your fold,
Or else I'm bound to ever slowly perish.
Darkness or sunshine I never care
Until I'm certain, each other we share;
When I go to lose you, it is all bare,
A life to live then ahead I never dare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Back To My World by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I dream awake (from Ismaelillo), Jose Marti
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean
- Tears Of The Moon, val legend
- Tempered, Debra Cranford
- He Was My Flesh, Naveed Akram
- I'll Always Love You, Michael P. McParland
- Wealth, Fame, Sex, Power & Llibido, Tom Zart
- God's Wisdom & Love, Tom Zart
- Zombie Prince, Beatrice Preti